Hiring Organization / Company: Lagunitas Brewing Company
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
There’s Always a Seat at Our Bar
The Lagunitas Brewing Company began on a kitchen stove in Northern California in 1993 and has always looked to the future – whether supporting local communities by turning beer into money for the cause, or fueling stories, songs, and experiences with our IPA. Wherever you go: Beer Speaks, People Mumble.
About the role
Efficiently and safely operates all packaging line machinery while maintaining high level of quality assurance for the craft beer cases produced. Must be willing and able to troubleshoot machinery as needed. Consistently portrays the Lagunitas brand through hard work and a strong sense of urgency in a team-oriented environment.
What you'll do
- Adhere to all safety standards set by Lagunitas and OSHA.
- Actively participate in safety meetings, audits, and good catch program.
- Manufactures and assembles packaging components which includes assembly of mother cartons and beer shells, cans, bottles and kegs of beer.
- Participates in TPM efforts including 5S, DCS, Morning on the shop floor, problem solving Kaizens, and Autonomous
- Transports materials to and from designated areas using hand lifts, forklifts, and other equipment.
- Moves goods packed on pallets or crates around the facility.
- Operates multiple parts of the packaging line(s).
- Runs all aspects of kegging, bottling and canning lines.
- Makes equipment and product changeovers, using tools as needed.
- Clean and fill of various types of kegs.
- Monitors and reacts to QA specifications: quality control of various packaging processes; watch and monitor fill levels in various packaging types; monitor aesthetics of outer packaging and labels; monitor carbonation levels in finished beer.
- Responsible for the sanitation of their assigned area including Clean In Place CIP tasks both manual and automated
- Keeps track of stock levels of packaging materials.
- Must observe and practice all Safety Procedures, including wearing the proper PPE at all times on the Packaging Lines & Production Floor.
- Assists in or leads training of newly hired team members as needed.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
What we’re lookin’ for
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Team work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Must have mechanical aptitude.
- Attentive and can easily learn and adapt to new equipment and processes.
- Forklift experience desired.
- Any Brewing experience (especially craft beer) is a plus.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months previous experience working in a warehouse, production or brewing environment.
- Good driving record.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be 21+ years of age.
- MS Office/Computer skills desired.
- Reports directly to Shift Supervisor and Packaging Manager.
- Works with Shift Packaging Operators and Shift Packaging Leads
- Must be able to lift and carry 60 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, and bend for majority of work schedule.
- Tolerate summer/winter temperature conditions in a production environment.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, overtime as necessary, & holidays and weekends.
Come as You Are
At Lagunitas, we welcome people (and dogs) from all walks of life. Anyone, regardless of their race, creed, nation of origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, veteran status, marital status, or age, has a home here. Love, progress, and acceptance will always have a seat at our bar.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location Information:
Location: Chicago, Il 60608
Date Posted: 2021-06-11
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you are going to agree that it is without doubt one of the toughest jobs at the moment. Generally, you will haven’t any clue where or what to search for within the job market. The great factor is that you are not by yourself. There are a few other people in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center may also be simple if you know where to start out. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed here are tips that can assist you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an improbable and repeatedly overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms commonly provide vital coaching, property, and programs for process seekers. Those companies can also be in particular useful for young job seekers or the ones with little operating revel in. A simple Web experiment for job firms for your areashould uncover the place and how one can get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations make a selection to have their positions dispatched by temporal companies. The top objective for that is to save money on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give companies the way in which of screening applicants. Employment products and services can often be a sooner and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise grow to be into a long lasting activity for the people who perform neatly right through their working.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of cash whilst cash is now tight in the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.