Hiring Organization / Company: Vitas Healthcare
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
The VITAS Healthcare Admissions Coordinator is a customer service professional who facilitates the conversion of referrals to admissions through the completion of the intake process and the use of effective communication, technology and customer service skills. An Admissions Coordinator interacts with patients and families, referral sources and program staff to enable the start of care for VITAS patients.
- Process new referrals that arrive by telephone, email, fax and website inquiries, in the manner best fitting the needs of the referral source.
- Responsible for routine follow up on multiple lists of pending patient charts daily.
- Enter accurate information to support data integrity and maximize reimbursement.
- Verify Medicare and Medicaid hospice benefits.
- Notify Managed Care Department of commercial insurances and managed health care plans.
- Notify the Marketing Representatives of each new referral outside of the working hours the Program Scheduler, 8pm-8am local time and weekends.
- Call patients and families and offer a same day appointment to ensure a timely admission.
- Seek assistance of the Program Scheduler to determine appropriate staffing and coverage for appointment needs during the hours of 8am-8pm local time, Monday through Friday.
- Explain hospice benefits and services to patients and families as needed.
- Assign appointments to VITAS Admissions Representatives and provide them with appointment report outside of the hours the Program Scheduler is working, 8pm-8am local time and weekends.
- Complete admission consent paperwork as needed.
- Update referral sources on the status of their referred patients when appropriate.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Take report from VITAS Admissions Representatives and accurately document the outcome.
- Verify discharge plans and facilitate the delivery of Home Medical Equipment prior to discharge.
- Supports coworkers and encourages a sense of teamwork amongst peers.
- Provide training and mentoring to new team members as assigned.
- Other duties and special projects as determined by the department supervisor or director.
- Participate in morning check in meeting with the Program Scheduler to review staffing/scheduling needs for the day.
- Will support the VITAS Mission, Core Values, and Care Connection Center cultural platforms at all times.
- Two or more years related experience in medical terminology and/or in a call center environment
- Ability to attain goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining strong partnering relationships with internal and external callers
- Superior ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the customer interaction to include both verbally and in writing to provide a concierge level of service
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated systems and a variety of software packages, and type minimum 45 wpm
- Prior experience in working collaboratively with other functional leaders to drive action plans.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple responsibilities and work on various assignments simultaneously
- Model positive behaviors that are focused on supporting: integrity, valuing diversity, innovation, building relationships, customer focus and teamwork.
- Ability to communicate tactfully with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as necessary to support the operations of the Care Connection Center.
- Ability to type at least 40 WPM
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
- Medical or business office education or training desired
- EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
We offer a variety of full-time, part-time and per-diem employment opportunities. You can choose to work day or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
Employees earn competitive salaries and have the flexibility to choose a benefits package suitable to their own needs and lifestyle.
Job Location Information:
Location: Lombard, Il 60148
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you will agree that it is among the toughest jobs in this day and age. Normally, you’ll haven’t any clue the place or what to search for within the job market. The good thing is that you are not on your own. There are a number of other people out there who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center can also be easy if you know where to begin. Before you start your job searching procedure, here are pointers that will help you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are a fantastic and usually overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms recurrently supply vital training, belongings, and systems for process seekers. These firms can be in particular helpful for young job seekers or those with little operating experience. A simple Web scan for job firms for your areashould discover where and tips on how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms select to have their positions dispatched via temporal companies. The top function for that is to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give firms the way in which of screening applicants. Employment services and products can usually be a faster and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise transform into a long lasting task for the people who perform neatly right through their working.
3. Free job look services and products
This can be a waste of money while money is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.