Hiring Organization / Company: The University Of Chicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
The Hospice Home Health Aide is a paraprofessional member of the Home Care team who works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and performs various personal care services as necessary to meet the patient's/client's needs. The home health aide is responsible for observing patients/clients, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed. The Home Health Aide will be assigned in a manner which promotes quality, continuity and safety of a patient's/client's care.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides personal care including: Back rubs; Oral hygiene; Shampoos; Changing bed linen; Assisting patients/clients with dressing and undressing; Skin care to prevent breakdown; Providing simple dressing changes; Assisting the patient/client with toileting activities; Keeping patient's/client's living area clean and orderly, as appropriate; bathing patients and other duties as assigned by the RN.
- Prepares nutritious meals.
- Assists in feeding the patient/client, if necessary
- Takes and records temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered
- Assists in ambulation and exercise according to the plan of care including Range of Motion.
- Adheres to assignment as designated by supervising nurse and documents care provide d.
- Does patient's/client's laundry, as
- Meets safety needs of patient/client and uses equipment safely and properly (foot stools, side rails, )
- Reports on patient's/client's condition and significant changes to the assigned
- Adheres to the Organization's documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional
- Assists in administering of medications that are ordinarily self-administered in home setting
- Commits to one hundred (100%) patient and customer satisfaction by always exhibiting a courteous and helpful manner during interactions with others, including patients, families, visitors, physicians, students, and co-workers.
- High school graduate or
- Must be 18 years of age and meets the training requirements in accordance with State and Federal
- Must be active on the IDPH registry for Certified Nursing
- Able to read and follow written instructions and document care
- Self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Empathy for the needs of the ill, injured frail and
- Current CPR certification is required.
- Possesses and maintains a valid driver's license and current automobile insurance and has the availability of personal and dependable mode(s) of transportation to conduct home
- Shift: Days (8-hr shifts)
- Unit/Department: Hospice Home Care Department in Harvey
- CBA Code: Non-Union
For nearly a century Ingalls Memorial has pioneered sophisticated clinical care and developed the area's most convenient network of comprehensive outpatient centers, all dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of the community. Now, partnered with UChicago Medicine, we have expanded our network of expert physicians, convenient facilities and scope of service to speed your healing process and help navigate your path to wellness. A skilled Medical Staff and talented employees dedicated to prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of illness and injury provide a firm foundation for our reputation for quality. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We’re in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you’d like to add enriching human life to your profile, UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial is for you. Here at Ingalls, we’re doing work that really matters. Join us!
UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: Ingalls Career Opportunities
UChicago Medicine Ingalls is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Job Location Information:
Location: Harvey, Il 60426
Date Posted: 2021-06-11
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you will agree that it is one of the hardest jobs this present day. Normally, you’ll have no clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The great thing is that you’re not alone. There are several other folks available in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a commercial center can also be easy if you realize the place to begin. Before you start your job looking procedure, here are guidelines that will help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an implausible and recurrently overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms often supply critical coaching, belongings, and programs for process seekers. Those corporations can be particularly helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little working revel in. A simple Web scan for job firms on your areashould discover the place and the best way to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies select to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal companies. The tip goal for that may be to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise give corporations the way of screening candidates. Employment services and products can regularly be a quicker and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise turn into into a long-lasting job for the people who carry out neatly throughout their working.
3. Free job look services
It is a waste of cash whilst money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.