Hiring Organization / Company: Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital Of Chicago
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
This position works closely with the Vice Chair of Education, Senior Director, Program Directors, and Division Administrators and takes the primary responsibility for managing medical education for the Department of Surgery.
1. Assists Vice Chair in the development, resource allocations, and maintenance of the medical education program in the Departments of Surgery and Anesthesia.
2. Manages administrative staff for Medical Education in the Department of Surgery and Anesthesia. Approves timecards (ETA) for direct reports, performs both mid-year and annual reviews, and enforces PIPs and disciplinary action when necessary. Ensures staff have the tools they need to meet all expectations of their role. Keep staff informed of new policies and procedures and oversees their implementation.
3. Facilitates recruitment and orientation of new staff. Ensure all new employees have access to all systems necessary to do their job successfully including but not limited to systems pertaining to the coordination of medical student, residency, and fellowship programs.
4. Provide administration and supervise those providing administration of graduate medical education programs for fellows. Develop mechanisms to facilitate house-staff compliance with established policies and procedures. Develop new procedures within the Department of Surgery in response to new or revised policies issued by governing agencies or program director.
5. Oversight of management and coordination of ACGME-conducted accreditation site visits for pediatric fellowship programs. Ensure compliance with web based ACGME accreditation surveys for ACGME accredited training programs. Compile and submit reports to ACGME, and other professional organizations as required. Maintain GME Tracks. Monitor web-based evaluation systems and web-based (ACGME) procedure logs.
6. Create and supervise all resident and fellow evaluation processes for internal and external rotations in partnership with the program directors and program coordinators. Network with community practices to facilitate effective outpatient experiences.
7. Attend appropriate annual graduate medical education coordinators meeting. Develop and implement innovative ways to manage fellowship programs as obtained from information gained from national meetings in partnership with the program coordinators.
8. Obtain documentation and credentialing for all graduate medical education training conducted with the department. Ensure policies and procedures are in place to maintain all house staff personnel records, including confidential evaluation and counseling records. Responsible to for ensuring program coordinators are following above policies.
9. Monitor house staff budget, including projections of future needs. Obtain agreements with internal and external vendors for educational program and recruitment event needs. Monitor and approve invoices and other charges for Medical Education programs.
10. Serve as member of Education Leadership Committee and as surgery education program liaison with McGaw GME office.
11. Plan, organize and schedule new house staff orientation. Ensure compliant initial training in NRP, BLS, and PALS. Coordinate supervisory retreats throughout the year. Maintain guideline manuals of program policies.
12. Ensure that all program coordinators write and revise recruitment brochures and all printed materials and forms pertinent to their assigned divisions/programs as necessary. Ensure that all program coordinators provide administrative support and coordination of all relevant house staff interviews, communication with applicants as necessary.
13. Responsible for coordination and facilitation of educational conferences such as Surgery Grand Rounds, Trauma Rounds, and M&M conference.
14. Prepare reports and correspondence for the Vice Chair of Education and Program Directors relative to educational programs. Provide administrative support to Vice Chair of Education including scheduling of meetings, preparation of agendas, recording and maintaining meeting minutes, development of reports and provision of data to the Education Leadership Committee and relevant Committees. Implementation of policies developed by the committees.
15. Develop, monitor, and evaluate systems for office organization. Establishes mechanisms to coordinate workflow and communication within all areas of Medical Education.
16. Collaboration with Marketing for website updates, marketing strategies, and social medial for Medical Education.
17. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers, and others.
18. Other functions as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in health care administration, business, or related field desired or equivalent appropriate prior work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Minimum five years of experience in an academic health care setting.
3. Must demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills in applying a detailed knowledge of the responsibilities, functions, and underlying management structure of the department and of the medical school in order to organize and independently prioritize work, to establish procedures and systems, and to ensure orderly and timely work flow.
4. Strong technological skills in Microsoft computer software applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access. Familiarity with website management.
5. Strong analytical, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills required.
Job Location Information:
Location: Chicago, Il 60611
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is likely one of the toughest jobs at the present time. Normally, you’re going to don’t have any clue where or what to look for within the job market. The good thing is that you are not alone. There are a number of people in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a commercial center can be easy if you already know the place to start out. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed below are tips that will help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are an improbable and recurrently overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms often supply very important training, assets, and techniques for job seekers. Those corporations may also be specifically useful for young job seekers or those with little running experience. A easy Web experiment for job firms to your areaought to discover where and tips on how to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies choose to have their positions dispatched via temporal companies. The tip purpose for that is to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise provide companies the best way of screening candidates. Employment services can commonly be a sooner and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise transform into an enduring process for the people who carry out neatly throughout their operating.
3. Free job look services
This can be a waste of money when money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.