Hiring Organization / Company: The University Of Chicago Medicine
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Join UChicago Medicine, as a Patient Service Coordinator in our OR Department.
As a Patient Service Coordinator and under the director of the Administrative Manager, you will be responsible for providing high volume customer service and clerical support to coordinate and facilitate patient care within the units.
In this role, the Patient Service Coordinator is responsible for coordinating perioperative services appointments. The position requires the ability to interact with patients, their families, physicians and other healthcare team members within the unit. At the University of Chicago Medicine, the dedicated Patient Service Coordinators share in our vision and commitment to excellent customer service and patient care. In patient support, we have a strong sense of service orientation in responding to the needs of internal and external customers. We work both independently and in a team environment to identify the best approach to problems and questions. We strive for a positive patient and customer experience, every time.
Perioperative Service/OR Administration department is known for positive and memorable patient and family interactions which are essential in the delivery of patient-centered care and are significant factors in attracting new patients and ensuring that existing patients continue to use our Medical Center for their health care.
Essential Job Functions
- Facilitates the patient admission process.
- Answers patient intercom and ensures that requests are referred to the appropriate staff immediately.
- Arranges patient transportation to outside agencies.
- Coordinates facilities information (e.g. work orders) as received by unit staff, maintains records of requests and follows up as needed to assure task completion and relays information back to the appropriate staff regarding the status of outstanding work orders.
- Assembles, organizes, and maintains patient medical records/charts according to hospital policies and procedures and ensures and obtains necessary signatures as required for all forms according to hospital policy and procedure.
- Inputs patient charges via computer system, assists in the orientation of new staff, cross-covers multiple patient care units during regular work shift when required and runs errands as deemed necessary by Care Center leadership.
- Assists with the orientation of new employees and students.
- Performs other duties assigned..
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- At least one year of general office experience, preferably in a medical/clinical setting
- Good written and verbal communication, organizational and customer service skills
- Ability to multitask effectively, uses discretion and good judgment, and maintains patient confidentiality
- Must be able to independently and professionally interact with customers, internal and external to the Hospitals
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, ability to learn and utilize applicable software
- Associate Business courses preferred
- Medical terminology preferred
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time
- Shift: Rotate
- Unit/Department: OR Administration
- CBA Code: 743 Clerical
- Click here to learn more about UChicago Medicine
- Click here to learn more about our benefits
- Click here to explore other career opportunities at UChicago Medicine
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Job Location Information:
Location: Chicago, Il 60637
Date Posted: 2021-06-11
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about in search of Jobs, you are going to agree that it is among the hardest jobs in this day and age. Normally, you’re going to have no clue where or what to search for in the job market. The great thing is that you are not alone. There are a number of folks in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a business center may also be easy if you realize where to start. Before you start your job looking procedure, here are tips that can assist you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are an incredible and recurrently lost sight of hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms regularly provide essential training, belongings, and methods for task seekers. These firms will also be particularly useful for younger job seekers or those with little working enjoy. A simple Internet scan for job firms to your areashould discover the place and the best way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies make a choice to have their positions dispatched by temporal companies. The tip goal for that may be to save cash on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise supply firms the way of screening applicants. Employment services can recurrently be a faster and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise grow to be into a long lasting activity for the individuals who carry out well right through their working.
3. Free job look services
It is a waste of money whilst cash is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.