Hiring Organization / Company: Interstate Blood Bank
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
This position is responsible for the plasmapheresis process to include prepping the donor, performing
venipuncture, operating plasmapheresis collection instruments, monitoring the donation, collecting whole
blood samples, disconnecting the plasma unit, delivering the unit for sampling, and managing donor
adverse events during collection in an automated Source Plasma Center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs all responsibilities required by the Floor Technician including the following:
o Escorts donors to and from donor floor
o Installs and disconnects the disposable sets
o Cleans donor bed and scissors or other cutting devices after each donation
- Performs all job duties in a safe manner and uses required personal protective equipment.
- Performs the morning QCs, maintains the daily checks and maintenance/cleaning of the plasma
- Performs vein checks to determine donor suitability. Verifies donor identification, prepares
venipuncture site, and performs the venipuncture.
- Monitors the donor throughout the collection process. Upon completion of the donation, removes the
apheresis needle, wraps the donor’s arm, and escorts the donor to the payout station.
- Collects samples from the donor, as required.
- Responds to donor adverse events per IBBI procedures and under the direction of the Medical Staff.
- Operates equipment, autopheresis instrument, and eProgesa automated system.
- Monitors the collection equipment and responds to any situation that requires troubleshooting.
- Monitors softgoods lot number usage and changes. Stocks released softgoods on the donor floor.
- Performs cleaning tasks according to IBBI procedures and frequency schedules.
- Interacts internally with center IBBI personnel and with donors.
- Follows all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Company policies.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Performs other duties as may be required/assigned. (Frequently)
- Interacts with vendors and auditors. (Infrequently)
- Interacts with other Interstate centers and with Corporate personnel. (Infrequently)
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- One year of college, technical school, or Associate’s degree preferred.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Explicit attention to detail is required.
- Must have excellent organization and follow-up skills.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and ability to analyze situations in a timely manner.
- Must have ability to organize and prioritize work assignments.
- Must have ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have ability to participate in multi-functional teams.
- Must have ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within The Interstate
Companies and provide excellent customer service.
- Proficiency with computers.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS/TRAVEL:
- Typical work environment with moderate noise level.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop or crouch, hand/wrist use, talk, see, and hear
for extended periods of time, examples include:
Activity Typical Duties
Reaching Hangs solutions, stocks softgoods
Climbing To remove supplies from shelves
Bending/Stooping/Lifting Sets-up the plasmapheresis collection instrument, hangs solutions,
Standing Performs venipuncture, performs phlebotomy, performs morning QC,
stocks softgoods, monitors donors
Walking Directs donors to and from the donation bed, performs morning QC,
stocks softgoods, prepares for venipuncture
Hand/Wrist Use Installs a set on the plasmapheresis collection instrument, spikes
solutions, venipuncture preparation and performance, seals unit tubing
Observing/Seeing color Donors, center activity, alarms, warning lights on the instruments,
distinguishes color for severity of alarms, distinguishes color of
blood/plasma for unit suitability
Hearing/Listening Listens for donor issues, center activity, hears alarms
Talking/Communicating Explains the rules and process, directs donors on and off the phlebotomy
Time Management Keeps the donor flow consistent, prepares venipuncture site, collects
blood samples, disconnects donors
Focusing Concentrates on the task at hand, minimizes distractions
Reading Instructions, plasmapheresis collection instrument prompts, donor ePro
record files, Job Aids, SOPs, Company policies
- Ability to work with toxic or caustic chemicals 25 - 50 % of the time.
- Have exposure to outdoor weather conditions (shoveling or salting in the case of snowy weather).
- Ability to read and understand documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, procedure manuals, correspondence.
- Ability to write short correspondence.
- Ability to speak, answer questions, and/or present information in small groups of customers, suppliers,
or employees of the company.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to perform mathematical operations using units of
US dollars, weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to understand deferral periods.
- Ability to read a calendar, an analog clock, and use a calculator.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few variables in routine situations.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Daily attendance is required.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities
to this job at any time.
Learn more about Grifols
Req ID: 252770
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Nursing/Healthcare
Job Location Information:
Location: Chicago, Il 60684
Date Posted: 2021-06-11
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately looking for Jobs, you will agree that it is one of the toughest jobs at the moment. Normally, you are going to have no clue where or what to search for in the job market. The great thing is that you are not on your own. There are a couple of folks in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a industrial center can also be simple if you realize the place to begin. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed here are pointers that can assist you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are a fantastic and frequently overpassed hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms repeatedly supply vital coaching, belongings, and techniques for job seekers. These firms can also be specifically useful for younger job seekers or those with little operating revel in. A easy Web experiment for job firms for your areaought to discover the place and easy methods to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations select to have their positions dispatched through temporal companies. The top objective for that may be to save cash on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give corporations the way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can recurrently be a faster and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise develop into into a long-lasting process for the individuals who carry out neatly right through their running.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of cash when cash is now tight in the first place. After all, the cash you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.