Hiring Organization / Company: Anthem
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At HealthCore, Inc., an independently-operating subsidiary of Anthem, Inc. and a health services research firm, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
Researcher or Senior Researcher is responsible for executing on health services research studies in order to identify and solve pressing healthcare issues as part of Anthem’s Enterprise Analytics Hub.
Location - HealthCore or Anthem Office
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Work as part of a team to develop research proposals including clear scope of work, analytic approach and identification of appropriate statistical techniques
- Carry out retrospective and prospective research in health services, health outcomes, and health economics
- Participate in program evaluation of health plan outreach efforts and/or innovative care delivery models
- Engage in analytical and research activities to inform Anthem’s community health strategies
- Support research activities in the following areas: research designs, methodologies, analytical techniques, and reporting of statistical results
- Analyze health care data, including claims data, using R,SAS, or STATA
- Work as part of a research team to complete high quality analyses, reports, peer-reviewed publications, presentations to clients and at scientific conferences, and other milestones to fruition
- Applying econometric and/or statistical techniques for conducting data analyses
- Collaborates with the project managers to support the research functions to bring high quality reports deliverables, presentations, and other milestones to fruition.
- Utilizes industry-standard health economic analytical and statistical techniques.
- Performs key project management functions with minimal oversight. (Researcher Sr)
- Identifies, educates and serves as a reference to other analysts. (Researcher Sr)
Requires a MS, MPH or PharmD in health sciences or related field; 1-2 years of experience in health service research, epidemiology, biostatistics, or a related field; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Ph.D or MD preferred.
- Strong study design and statistical analysis skills
- Proficiency with one or more statistical applications (SAS, Stata, R) are required
- Post-graduate or post-doctoral training in conducting health services research with experience in biostatistics or epidemiology, managed care, health care systems or related experience is preferred
- Experience with health plan administrative databases (pharmacy and medical claims) and/or other big datasets is preferred
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Job Location Information:
Location: Chicago, Il 60601
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs in this day and age. Most often, you will don’t have any clue the place or what to search for within the job market. The great factor is that you are not on your own. There are a few people out there who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center will also be easy if you recognize where to begin. Before you start your job looking procedure, here are tips to help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are an out of this world and commonly overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms recurrently supply essential training, assets, and techniques for task seekers. These corporations can also be particularly helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little operating enjoy. A simple Web experiment for job firms for your areamust uncover where and how one can get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms make a choice to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The end function for that may be to economize on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise provide firms the way in which of screening applicants. Employment services can regularly be a quicker and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise turn into into a long lasting activity for the individuals who perform smartly all over their running.
3. Free job look services
It is a waste of money whilst money is now tight within the first place. After all, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.