Hiring Organization / Company: Crown Castle
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Crown Castle works around the country to build and maintain the infrastructure behind the world’s most revolutionary technologies. As the largest shared infrastructure provider in the United States, Crown Castle owns, operates and leases more than 40,000 cell towers, 80,000 small cells and over 80,000 route miles of fiber across every major US market. This nationwide portfolio of communications infrastructure connects cities and communities to essential data, technology and wireless service – bringing information, ideas and innovations to the people and businesses that need them. Crown Castle is a NYSE S&P 500 and Fortune 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $85 billion.
Position Title - Fiber Splicer – 4N
The Fiber Splicer position will splice & test fiber optic cables in aerial, underground, and indoor physical field environments. The position will need to have attention to detail regarding setting up splice locations, termination points, splice quality, work environment safety and general fiber optic construction. This position will be subject to on-call and shift duties. Weekends and holiday work will also be required.
Essential Job Functions
- Splicing on new construction and restoration for a variety of cable types (Loose Tube, Ribbon, Micro, OPGW, etc). Active splicing activity in cables with both dark fiber and lit services.
- Conduct and validate all testing of network equipment to ensure adherence to all Crown Castle Fiber procedures and equipment manufacturer’s specifications.
- Work with the Network Operations Center for final acceptance and testing of all newly installed equipment and rings. Tests to include validation of all provisioning, all alarm monitoring to the NMS (Network Management System), network switch protection, etc.
- Work with Fiber Optic, SONET, Ethernet and SDH related test equipment including OTDR, PMD, Optical Spectrum Analyzer, BER Test Sets, Sniffers.
- Perform site survey of remote locations to ensure quality installation of all racks, equipment power plants, fiber cable, etc. Report any and all defects to the Operations Manager and /or OSP Project Engineer.
- Label and tag all equipment and cabling according to Network Engineering Diagrams.
- Perform advanced analysis and troubleshooting of problems / issues while assisting the NOC/customer.
- Participate in on-call rotation schedule for nights and weekends.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required and assigned.
- Perform both hardware and software updates and/or changes to remote site equipment as necessary.
- Complete and maintain hard copy and/or electronic records of work completed on various assignments. Including, but not limited to, splice diagrams, patch panels, and test results.
- Interface with customers and carriers in support of service delivery and assurance.
- Work independently for extended periods of time.
- Respond to Customer Troubles on 24-hour basis.
- Work closely with the NOC, Sales, Engineering, and customers.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s license required
- One (1)+ years of experience in the splicing, testing, installation, maintenance and repair of fiber optic networks and/or Outside Plant fiber experience. Or minimum of two (2) years of field experience or military experience.
- Prefer prior work experience with base station equipment, NMS, equipment installation and maintenance, low-power broadcast equipment and experience in both the construction, installation and maintenance phases
- Prefer prior use of Volt/Ohm meter, RF power meter, frequency sweep equipment, spectrum analyzer, fault locating equipment and battery conductance meters
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) preferred
- Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards preferred
- Experience splicing ribbon and loose tube cables.
- Excellent organizational/administrative skills
- Self-motivated team player
- Solid written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem-solving approach
- Possession or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle or equipment operation (e.g. vehicle with bucket lift).
- Knowledge of fiber optics termination panels
Organizational Relationship Reports to: Manager or Supervisor of Field Operations, Network Construction, or Fiber Engineering
Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable): N/A
Additional Information: N/A
Will be required to travel to customer and/or project sites with exposure to heavy equipment and environmental conditions over 90% of the time. Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions as little as 10% of the time. Position requires on call rotation involvement. Ability to use hand tools, climb ladders, pull fiber cables and wires. Splicing work may be performed in a confined splice trailer or other available space. The work may often be performed near busy city, state or federal streets and highways. Employee may be exposed to noise, dust, dirt, grease, etc.
Job Location Information:
City: Downers Grove
Location: Downers Grove, Il
Date Posted: 2021-05-15
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you’ll agree that it is among the hardest jobs at the present time. Usually, you’ll haven’t any clue the place or what to search for in the job market. The great factor is that you are not alone. There are a few folks in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a industrial center can be simple if you recognize the place to start out. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed here are guidelines to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job companies are an unbelievable and commonly overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms repeatedly supply critical training, property, and systems for job seekers. These corporations may also be in particular helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little running revel in. A easy Internet experiment for job firms on your areashould discover the place and how one can get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies choose to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal agencies. The top purpose for that is to save money on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise supply companies the way of screening applicants. Employment services can often be a faster and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise become into an enduring task for the individuals who perform well all over their working.
3. Free job look services and products
It is a waste of cash whilst cash is now tight within the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.